Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Week in Review (What I drank in a sentence or less)



  1. Uinta Crooked Line Series-Cockeyed Cooper-A bourbon Barrel aged barley wine. I have not had much from this brewery but this was good, I will have to seek out others from the Crooked Line.
  2. Resurrection Ale-I picked up a 6 pack of cans of this beer from Baltimore. 7% Belgian ale in a can, Good stuff.
  3. Sam Adams Sample A (Belgian Style IPA)-Part of the Sam Adams Beer Lover's Choice program. A good beer but not quite as good as Flying Dog's version of the style.
  4. Sam Adams Sample B (American Rye Ale)-Sometimes I don't care for Rye ales, especially if there is a lot of Rye but this was good and not too much Rye. It also seemed to be the crowd favorite of the two.
  5. Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA-This is a very good IPA. Now available year round, it is nice to have a solid IPA option from Sam Adams.
  6. Sam Adams Black Lager-I had not have not had this for a couple of years and forgot how good it is. Almost like a porter. A very good beer.
  7. DuClaw Brewing Serum-A Double IPA. Very Hoppy and at 9% a bit overpowering. Not quite as balanced as I would have liked.
  8. Rogue John John Hazelnut-This is the 3rd installment of the John John Ales and again as with the first two, it is a bit disappointing. I had high expectations for this one as I really enjoy the nuttiness of the Hazelnut and figured the rum barrel aging would add to it. Instead I feel like they traded the nuttiness for a rum flavor. It is good, probably my favorite of the three so far but I was hoping for more.

No comments: