Monday, October 11, 2010

The Week in Review (What I drank in a sentence or less)



  1. Sam Adams Dunkelweizen-Part of the Sam Harvest Variety-It says it is exclusive to this variety pack but I swear I had it before. Good beer, nothing exceptional but good and representative of the style.
  2. Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin-Again, exclusive to the variety pack. A decent Pumpkin beer. I am not a huge Pumpkin beer fan so you'll not get much more from me than "decent".
  3. Sly Fox Burns Scotch Ale-Had it on tap at the Blue Monkey while watching the Phillies beat the Reds. Very good-Both the beer and the Phillies win!
  4. Troegs Dead Reckoning-A favorite of mine each Fall.
  5. Yards ESA-I have had this beer many times and always enjoyed but this one cost $12 at Tower Theatre and tasted off. I don't think they keep the lines in good shape so after being disappointed, I switched to:
  6. Guinness-Again $12 and at Tower Theatre and again it tasted off. Lesson Learned: Avoid Beer at this venue!
  7. Founders Harvest Ale-Great hop aroma and great Hop flavor! Enjoyed this beer a lot.
  8. Great Divide Rumble-Oak Aged IPA, I had to try it. Very good.
  9. Left Hand Oxymoron (A Teutonic IPA)-Tastes as hoppy as an IPA but is a Pale Lager and I think it is a one off beer with another brewery-Definitely worth seeking out.
  10. Weyerbacher Big Ern (DIPA)-Had this on tap at the Uno's in Maple Shade NJ and the menu says it is brewed exclusively for the Uno's chain. This location has a really solid beer lineup (The previous 3 entries were also had at Unos).
  11. Brassiere Dieu du Ciel-Peche Mortel-An Imperial Coffee stout. A style I love and this beer did not disappoint, very good!

No comments: